BREEAM AP Training
Shanghai, Shenzhen, & Hong Kong
BREEAM International New Construction Assessor
Shanghai & Shenzhen
BREEAM In-Use Assessor Training
BIM ISO19650 Essentials
BIM ISO19650 for Information Managers
CEEQUAL Projects Assessor Training
BREEAM AP training
This qualification enables delegates to work across the relevant BREEAM schemes as a sustainability professional. Delegates completing all aspects of this course will learn the role of the AP and what a development needs to do in order to meet BREEAM targets and sustainability goals. Delegates will learn the need to facilitate projects teams to schedule activities, set priorities and negotiate the trade-offs required to achieve the target BREEAM rating when the development is formally assessed. Once qualified, a BREEAM AP can help developments achieve up to three BREEAM credits dependent on the schemes that they are working on.
- Online learning: The online pre-workshop modules must be completed prior to attending the workshop, to enable delegates to have the best chance to pass the examination. The online modules cover:
- The role of a BREEAM AP；Background and scope of BREEAM；BREEAM Assessment methodology；BREEAM schemes technical content；Decision timeline；Decision priorities
- Workshop: After completing the online modules, delegates will attend a workshop. The workshop will allow delegates to apply and share their expertise in a series of individual and team exercises. The workshop will cover: Making a case for Sustainability and BREEAM；BREEAM Application in design and construction stage; Timeline；Comparison on costs per percentage point basis
- Examination: In order to become a BREEAM AP, delegates will need to pass a 60 minute multiple choice examination.
Online learning and exam: The online pre-workshop modules must be completed prior to attending the workshop, to enable delegates to have the best chance to pass the examination. The online modules cover:
The role of a BREEAM AP；Background and scope of BREEAM；BREEAM Assessment methodology；BREEAM schemes technical content；Decision timeline；Decision priorities
Registration: The delegates who passed the exam can be listed on Green Book Live. An annual fee of 680RMB is applicable to all BREEAM APs.
Get in touch
BREEAM International New Construction Assessor training
Delivery of this course is achieved by using a blended learning approach of on-line pre-course materials in the form of digital modules, followed by interactive classroom workshops and examinations. On successful completion of the course and examinations, the delegates will emerge as a fully qualified BREEAM International assessor.
- Online learning
BREEAM International Assessor training commences with approximately 30 hours of interactive online modules delivered through BRE dedicated online learning portal. The delegates will be led on a journey into BREEAM by way of interactive content and technical presentations, which will gradually build the knowledge and confidence within the BREEAM International 2016 scheme. Delegates can complete these modules at their own pace, and there is on-line support to help them. Each module concludes with an automated quiz to allow them to track the progress and attainment throughout the course.
- Classroom training
Relationship between di Following the online learning phase, delegates will attend 2 days of classroom-based learning which will consolidate the understanding and newly acquired knowledge. Through workshops and group learning activities, we will refine their understanding gained through the online training, before moving on to the more complex and technical aspects of the scheme. Delegates will be fully supported by a dedicated tutor for each module. Training is delivered by leading BRE expert technical trainers.
2 day Classroom-based Learning
- Day 1 – Brief initial test to ensure you have completed the online self-study modules
- Review of the BREEAM International processes
- Focus on a couple of the most complex issues within the scheme
- Day 2 – Tailoring BREEAM International for different building types
- Selling BREEAM
- Relationship between different BREEAM Schemes
- Question and Answer Session
- Day 1 – Brief initial test to ensure you have completed the online self-study modules
Delegates will undertake two multiple choice examinations. Both exams are open book, allowing them to refer to any notes or documentation that may assist them. Assessors will need to pass both examinations to become qualified within the scheme. Please note that delegates must present acceptable photo identification (ID) for admission to the examination. This may be either your passport, driving licence or ID card. Please note that without photo ID they will not be permitted to undertake the examinations.
- Registration: Delegates who passed the exam can register to apply for qualification. Before registering a BREEAM project, the assessor company need provide PI insurance evidence. An annual subscription fee of £250 is applicable to all BREEAM New Construction Assessors.
BREEAM In-Use Assessor training
On successful completion of the course and examinations, the delegates will emerge as a fully qualified BREEAM International In-Use assessor who can assist property investors, owners, managers and occupiers to drive sustainable improvements through operational efficiency, including how to continually manage the operation of their building effectively.
- Online learning: BREEAM International In-Use Assessor training commences with approximately 25 hours of interactive online modules delivered through BRE dedicated online learning portal. The content includes: a. background of BREEAM and BREEAM In-Use; b. assessment method; c. roles in BREEAM In-Use
- Classroom learning: Following the online learning phase, delegates will attend1.5-day classroom training. Through workshops and group learning activities, delegates’ understanding gained through the online training will be refined. The content includes: certification process; evidence collection; verification; principles and rules; quality insurance.
- Examinations: 60-minute open book exam.
- Registration: Delegates who passed the exam can register to apply for qualification. Before registering a BREEAM project, the assessor company need provide PI insurance evidence. An annual subscription fee of £250 is applicable to all BREEAM In-Use Assessors.
CEEQUAL Projects Assessor training
CEEQUAL is the evidence-based sustainability assessment, rating and awards scheme for civil engineering, infrastructure, landscaping, and public realm projects.
In addition to its use as a rating system to assess performance, CEEQUAL also provides significant influence to project or contract teams as they develop, design and construct their work, because it encourages them to consider sustainability issues at the most appropriate time.
A CEEQUAL assessment is undertaken by a trained and registered CEEQUAL Assessor, who is normally part of the project or contract team that applies for the assessment, and it is then independently verified by a CEEQUAL Verifier. So, to undertake an assessment, a project or contract team needs a trained CEEQUAL Assessor.
The nature of the CEEQUAL Scheme means that Assessors usually have experience and interest in either civil engineering and/or public realm works or in environment and sustainability issues, and a knowledge base in either of these areas will be very helpful in the course of an assessment. However, there is no need to be an expert in either of these areas to go through the training process and be a successful Assessor.
The CEEQUAL Projects Assessor Training Course has been designed so that everyone who completes it successfully will be able to undertake an Assessment using either CEEQUAL Version 5 or CEEQUAL Version 6.
The course covers:
- Background to CEEQUAL and why it has been developed;
- The scheme and assessment process in detail;
- Use of the appropriate CEEQUAL technical manual, including basic skills required and the role of the Assessor;
- The environmental and social issues covered by the scheme.
- Detailed study of each category of the assessment including the nature of the questions, reasons for their inclusion and scoping-out advice; and
- the assessment and verification process.
Following the training course, all delegates who have reached the required standard will be issued with a CEEQUAL Projects Assessor Certificate.
Cost: $ 10,500 HKD
Course Duration: 2 days
BIM ISO 19650 Essentials training
This two-day course provides an overview of information management using BIM as outlined in ISO 19650 parts 1 and 2. By doing so, this course ensures that the key considerations of effective information management have been sufficiently understood.
This course will provide an understanding of what Information Management using Building Information Modelling (BIM) is, the key terminology used when describing BIM and the key activities which form the information management function.
- Articulate information management processes using internationally native terminology
- Explain to others the value proposition of Information Management using BIM
- Feel confident in outlining the key elements of the ISO 19650-2 process
- Consider the impact of how information is produced based on the project’s information standards and the project’s information production methods and procedures have been defined.
- Identify the key stakeholders to help support tasks associated with the information management function that may be required to be undertaken.
- Provides delegates confidence in adopting these processes within an organisation.
- Discuss International information standards relating to openBIM and interoperability.
- BIM Basics Unit 1: Catalyst for Change
- BIM Basics Unit 2 What is BIM?
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 1: Introduction to ISO 19650
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 2: Procurement
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 3: Planning
- Essentials of ISO 19650 Unit 4: Production
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 1 Unit 1: Information Management Functions
- Essentials of BIM Best Practice Unit 2: Information Standard, Methods and Procedures
Duration: Two days
BIM ISO 19650 for Information Managers training
This course forms Stage 2 of the BRE BIM Certification education pathway and is for professionals who undertake Information Management functions (Roles or Responsibilities) in accordance with ISO 19650. These can either be for or by an Appointing Party, Lead Appointed Party or Task Teams.
This course has been developed by experienced BIM experts, who have an extensive working knowledge of ISO 19650 and the previous BS 1192 2007 and PAS 1192-2 standards, and regularly contribute to the UK and International BIM Standards Committees.
A pass within the Essentials of ISO 19650 Examination (online or classroom version) is a pre-requisite for BIM ISO 19650 for Information Managers.
Unit 1: Information requirements
- Clear information requirements
- Exchange information requirements
Unit 2: BIM execution planning
- Assessing the supply chain
- Pre-appointment BEP
- BIM execution planning
- Developing SMPs
Unit 3: Production of Information
- Producing with purpose
- Model-based schedules
- Spatial co-ordination
- Sharing information
Unit 4: Exchanging information
- Information exchange
- Accepting information
- Delivering open data
- Delivering COBie
- Delivering spatial co-ordination
Course learning outcomes
At the end of BRE’s BIM ISO 19650 for Information Managers you will be able to:
- Recognise the need for SMART information requirements
- Define exchange information requirements
- Identify the key references to support the production of the EIR
- Recognise the key considerations when extracting SMPs from the EIR
- Apply the process of extracting SMPs
- Identify the methods of assessing the supply chain
- Recognise the key considerations when assessing the supply chain
- Define a pre-appointment BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Define a post-appointment BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Explain key elements of a BEP
- Apply the process of authoring BEP
- Recognise the need to direct the production of information
- Appreciate how information can change to suit its intended purpose
- Identify the considerations when producing information for construction scheduling (4D)
- Define and recognise the process of detecting clashes and the benefits of clash avoidance
- Describe the key considerations when approving information
- Identify the key tasks associated with information exchanges
- Recognise the key considerations when exchanging information.
- Appreciate the key considerations when accepting information
- Recognise the open data format requirements
- Recognise the data format requirements to comply with COBie
- Identify the key components for spatial coordination.
Duration: One day